Are you as curious and artistic as you might be resourceful? Would you thrive in an atmosphere the place experimentation and studying are valued? Are you prepared to problem the established order to enhance outcomes? Have individuals (apart from family and friends!) informed you the way a lot they love your communication output? You could be our subsequent Social Impact Communications Associate!
Few financiers are prepared to spend money on unproven early stage ventures. There are only a few assets for experimentation and innovation within the early childhood sector. We exist to fill these gaps.
Innovation Edge (IE) is an impact-first investor. We assist social entrepreneurs and intrapreneurs inside organizations to develop, check and launch modern options to early childhood challenges in South Africa. We ignite the ecosystem round them; and provide a number of rounds of funding, strategic teaching, and connections to social capital.
Our imaginative and prescient is a rustic the place every of our youngest residents has an optimum early childhood, whatever the circumstances through which they had been born.
About the job
As a Communications Officer you might be a part of the Communication and Culture workforce. This workforce is concentrated on delivering inner and exterior artistic merchandise and campaigns that attraction to everybody who works with us; and evokes those that can achieve this sooner or later (workforce members, traders and stakeholders.)
Working carefully with the Director of Communications and Culture, you will use your robust writing and enhancing experience to succeed in the hearts and minds of numerous audiences by telling compelling tales. Responsibilities embody:-
– Using qualitative and quantitative information, associated to the influence of IP, to create and ship compelling communication merchandise to numerous stakeholders – together with our funders, the IP funding communities and the media.
– Build relationships with media, funders and different stakeholders to proactively establish alternatives for third-party influence storytelling.
– Identify and use essentially the most applicable storytelling instruments to assist our associates in producing and delivering participating influence tales throughout channels.
– Collaborate with the Digital Content Creator to assist artistic storytelling ways with influence on social media platforms.
– Working with the broader IE workforce to encourage and allow a dynamic atmosphere of fixed studying and sharing of triumphs and failures.
– Supporting efforts to construct and maintain an engaged and thriving neighborhood of IP traders.
Required abilities and attributes
Strong dedication to human rights and social justice.
Media/Communications/Marketing/comparable Diploma or equal expertise. required. Life abilities expertise and volunteer work are acknowledged and valued.
Minimum three years of related expertise, together with demonstrable influence storytelling
Impeccable written and oral communication abilities.
Strong crucial pondering, downside fixing and determination making abilities.
Creativity and willingness to suppose exterior the field.
Resourceful, experimental, curious, goal-oriented.
Effective time and challenge administration abilities.
Understanding intersections between early childhood, social justice and financial points and the flexibility to deliver them collectively into cohesive narratives.
Proven capacity to collaborate with social entrepreneurs and/or grassroots organizations in communication, analysis and/or storytelling.
Understanding rising influence requirements and reporting.
Interested candidates ought to e mail a motivation letter, CV and related examples of artistic work to [email protected] no later than 15 June 2022.